The mission of NISG is to expand the knowledge base of students of NUST in the field of Information Security, Information Assurance and Audit, control and Governance of IT System and to familiarize them with international standards, practices and certifications on the mentioned fields.
Objectives of NISG are:-
- To promote the education beyond the classroom to help expand the knowledge, skills and professional development of members of NISG to achieve the stated mission of NISG through holding seminars, workshops, conferences and symposiums;
- To inculcate leadership qualities, team spirit and sense of competition in members of NISG;
- To collaborate with ISACA Local Chapter to participate in their training events, conferences and meetings;
- To provide a platform for exchange of experience and knowledge in IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving among its members;
- To keep members abreast of current events in Information Security, Information Assurance and Audit, control and Governance of IT System;
- To invite IS experts from the industry to share their experiences with members of NISG;
- To support research activities of students and provide them a forum to present their research work;
- To bridge gap between ISACA and students
- To facilitate the students of NUST in aligning their efforts with efforts made at international level in the fields of Information Security, Information Assurance and Audit, control and Governance of IT System;
- To represent NUST at ISACA local chapter and international level.